Day 1 : Bangkok – Udon Thani (Lunch)
Arrive Udon Thani by flight from Bangkok
• Pickup from Udon Thani Airport. Travel to Wat Pa Ban Tat, this temple is located in Tambon Ban Tat. It coversan area of approximately 163 rai and generally features a shady forest. Inside its compound, wild animals are in abundance pheasant, red jungle fowl, birds, squirrel, tree shrew, common wild pig. The temple is also a residence of Phra Achan Maha Bua Yannasampanno, the revered Buddhist master of meditation and a follower of Phra Achan Man Phurithatto, the late master. Here is an ideal place for those who determine to practice Dharma (Lord Buddha’s teachings). Then stop at one of Southeast Asia's most important archaeological sites Ban Chiang. Anthropologists excavated the site in the 1970s to find not only an ancient burial site dating back some 5,000 years but also pieces of bronze ware which have been dated to 3600 BC, alongside pottery and sophisticated metalwork. There is also a very good museum here that displays an extensive collection of the unearthed artefacts. In 2002 Ban Chiang was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Lunch will be serve at local restaurant
Overnight in Udon Thani
Day 2 : Udon Thani – Nakorn Phanom (Breakfast-Lunch)
Udon Thani to Nakhon Phanom visit Ho Chi Minh's House
• After breakfast, transfer to Nakhon Phanom to visit the peaceful village of Ban Najo that was home to Ho Chi Minh during the latter part of the 1920s. Here with a few loyal supporters he planned the revolution in Vietnam. The village itself is home to a large community of Vietnamese residents. In fact, approximately 90 percent of the village residents are thought to be of Vietnamese origin, and you will see this with the presence of Vietnamese style temples in the area. Lunch as well as the delicious cuisine on offer.
Overnight in Nakorn Phanom
Day 3 : Nakorn Phanom – Ubon Ratcha Thani- Khong Jiam (Breakfast-Lunch)
Nakhon Phanom to Khong Jiam visit That Phanom
• Breakfast at your hotel. Drive from Nakhon Phanom you follow Route 212 along the Mekong River to the town of Mukdahan. The small town of That Phanom is en route and situated here is the most revered temple in the northeast of Thailand. Wat Phra That Phanom is dominated by an impressive 52 meter white and gold Laotian-style chedi. Then travel onto Mukdahan then takes approximately one hour. You will stop in Mukdahan for lunch overlooking the Mekong and then have chance to walk through the Indochinese market. Mukdahan is an important trading post with the completion of the Friendship Bridge and wares are on offer from China, Burma, Thailand and Laos.
Continue to Ubon Rathathani visit Watt Thung Si Muang which is home to one of Isaan’s most unusual temple buildings. The library here is built in a mixture of Burmese e, Lao and Thai styles. Before check in at your hotel in Khon drive to to Sirindhorn District use the way to go to Chong Mek Customs House to visit Wat Sirindhorn Wararam. Wat Sirindhorn Wararam or Wat Phu Prao also known as glow temple by simulating the environment from Wat Pa Himmaphan or Mount Kailash. Established by Phra Ajarn Punmak Thitipanyo after the political unrest, he moved to Lao. The ordination hall can see from the mountain peak. At the night you can see the green glowing image of the Kalapapruek which is a wall painting at the back of the ordination hall and it is a highlight of the temple. Then drive to your riverside hotel in Khong Jiam.
Overnight in Khong Jiam, Ubon Ratchathani
Day 4 : Khong Jiam (Breakfast-Lunch)
Pha Taem National Park and Khong River
• Breakfast at your hotel. Today we are driving to the Pha Taem Rock Paintings. The paintings stretch out over 180m of the cliff wall and contain more than 300 paintings. There are depictions of elephants, fish, turtles and various geometric shapes stretch for around 400 meters along a cliff overlooking the Mekong. Pictures can be seen at the base of the cliff and are repartitioned in 4 groups. Lunch at Local restaurant Late afternoon, Sunset cruise on the Mekong River. You will be collected transferred from your hotel to take a long tail boat ride out to see the side of the Mekong River. Experience the gentle peace of the late afternoon Mekong, watching fisherman energetically haul in their afternoon catch. Take a long tail boat ride out to see the riparian side of the Mekong River. Watching fisherman energetically haul in their afternoon catch. During this, you will notice the warm tropical sun slowly slipping away behind the wonderful rock formations, to create a very dramatic effect. The best time of the year to embark on a river-cruise on the Mekong is between November and April.
Overnight in Khong Jiam, Ubon Ratchathani
Day 5 : Khong Jiam – Ubon Ratchathani (Breakfast)
Khong Jiam to Ubon Ratchathani Airport for Flight to Bangkok
• Breakfast at Hotel, check out at your hotel Depending on the time of your flight. Transfer from Khong Jiam toUbon Ratchathani Airport for your flight to Bangkok or to your next destination.